Prior to becoming a client, United Truck Driving School spent $5,000 per month on Google AdWords. These efforts yielded approximately 40 leads per month. In addition, their admissions staff used print materials and in-person recruiting tactics.
The owner of United Truck Driving School wanted to increase the rate of leads per month without increasing the monthly cost of marketing. Titan Web Marketing Solutions went into action and devised a plan.
Upon analyzing their existing efforts, we determined that the current advertising campaigns were not effective and were a waste of marketing dollars for United Truck Driving School.
Titan Web Marketing Solutions proposed and executed the following tactics:
Complete Website Redesign – The current website was outdated and contained a multitude of broken functionalities including a contact form that went to a Google Spreadsheet.
Pay Per Click Advertising – Noting the extreme monthly payment and lack of website traffic or quality leads, we took over their Pay Per Click advertising campaigns with the intent of increasing.
Search Marketing – The school did not possess claimed map listings or directories. In addition, no active search marketing plan was being put in place to increase local and regional visibility in the search results.
Social Media Strategy and Advertising – The truck driving community has an unbreakable bond and love to interact on social media. We created a Facebook page for United Truck Driving School and used a multitude of posting and advertising strategies to improve their online presence and drive interested leads to their website.
Complete Website Redesign
United Truck Driving School’s website needed a complete makeover. Their website was not appealing to potential students who wanted to pursue a new career path or obtain the skills necessary to find a job in the field.
Before our team took over the United Truck Driving School website experienced the following problems:
• Malfunctioning contact forms
• Outdated design
• Lack of updated information
• No clear lead path to follow
• Difficult to find contact information
After the redesign, the United Truck Driving School website contained the following improvements:
• Clear path for leads to follow and contact the school
• Mobile responsive website
• Lead tracking phone number with click-to-call capabilities
• Improved content written to attract and convert leads using the proper keywords for local and regional search marketing efforts
• Social media buttons easily visible
• Functional contact forms with lead monitoring
• Introduced an informative and educational blog with regularly updated content
Social Media Strategy and Advertising
United Truck Driving School had a difficult time attracting leads online prior to partnering with Titan Web Marketing Solutions. When researching the industry, one of the first things we learned was that there is a prominent truck driving community on Facebook.
Combined with Facebook’s incredible targeting abilities, we put together a posting and advertising strategy designed to improve their online presence and direct qualified traffic to the website.
Posts consisted of:
• Original, branded blog articles
• Audience engagement posts
• Alumni and graduate updates
• Certificate pictures upon graduation
• Truck driving industry posts, articles, and stats.
Since we started the Facebook from scratch, we needed to generate qualified page likes using Facebook advertising. Since May 2014, we have grown the page to 3,406 likes and counting.
These ad campaigns were targeted towards relevant market segments, including but not limited to:
• Residents ages 21+, unemployed and living in the state of Tennessee
• Recent high school graduates in the state of Tennessee
• Remarketing ads to those who have visited the website and/or Facebook page
• Unemployed college students within the regional area
On top of the page like campaigns, we ran several lead generation campaigns. An example includes the “New Year, New You” lead campaign launched in 2016. In it’s short time running, it has generated 492 clicks and 42 leads (via contact form submissions) for United Truck Driving School. The campaign will run until the end of the spring season.
United Truck Driving School experienced dismal website traffic rates prior to becoming a Titan Web Marketing Solutions client. As seen by the graphic below, you can identify the steady increase in website traffic when all of our online marketing efforts launched.
One of the first things our team noticed was the lack of proper keywords used throughout their website. Upon the completion of extensive keyword research, the list was distributed to our team and utilized in all website, content creation, and search marketing efforts (including PPC).
Our search marketing team then focused on the local area and began claiming the proper map listings on Google, Yahoo!, and Bing. By claiming and optimizing their map listing with the proper keywords, United Truck Driving School experienced an increase in local search result traffic.
Pay Per Click Advertising
United Truck Driving School was paying an extravagant amount per month for a dismal amount of leads. Upon taking over the account, Titan Web Marketing Solutions completed the following actions to drive down the cost-per-click, increase ad placement in relevant search results, and drastically improve the return on investment for the client:
• Revised all ad copy
• Wrote, designed, and developed PPC specific landing pages to track efforts
• Implemented remarketing ads to attract and convert those who have already seen the PPC specific landing pages.
• Monitored trends, results, and made adaptations accordingly
Since June 2014, Titan Web Marketing Solutions has generated 2,283 online leads for United Truck Driving School. On top of that, we monitor phone leads through an exclusive tracking phone number.
The following 6-month comparison is just one example of the campaign success:
• June 2014 – Dec 2014: 506 contact form submissions
• June 2015 – Dec 2015: 954 contact form submissions
Previously, United Truck Driving School spent $5,000 per month and yielded an average of 40 leads per month only using pay-per-click advertising. The Titan Web Marketing Solutions team has successfully distributed that monthly cost into a variety of online marketing tactics and more than doubled their lead generation rate. Over the two-year professional relationship, United Truck Driving School receives 95 leads per month on average.